We’ll cry and we dance, and we stumble into love in awkward perfect grace. The moon is gone and the sun has took its place.

Saturday, April 24, 2010

If I Were a Boy

If I were a boy, I think I could understand how it feels to love a girl. I swear I’d be a better man. I’d listen to her, because I know how it hurts when you lose the one you wanted, because he’s taken you for granted. I’d put myself first and make the rules as I go, because I know that she’d be faithful and waiting for me to come home.

Last week, I learned about "Penis Envy" in Psychology 100. I find this concept both ridiculous, as well as correct. I feel like I would be far more superior as a man. I would be an above average boyfriend, performer, scholar, etc.

I would treat a girl so right.
I wish those who are lucky enough to be a man would learn to dig into their talents and opportunities and show us girls some mercy and understanding. What I wouldn't love to be showered in affection and protection.

But you’re just a boy and you don’t understand. You wish you were a better man, but you don’t listen to her. You don’t care how it hurts until you lose the one you wanted, cause you’ve taken her for granted. But you’re just a boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers