We’ll cry and we dance, and we stumble into love in awkward perfect grace. The moon is gone and the sun has took its place.

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Coming of Age

//Fill me up with secrets

Then, hit the mute button.

We’ll sit in silence and pretend it’s ten years ago

Even though each night

I throw the pillow down

And ache for him

As though he is still lingering on my senses.

//I know that

(B)ehind this (b)ody of a (b)abe

All you can remember is your ba(by)

But all I can remember is last night

And the tied up tension of each lesson he taught me

Telling me to tell him where to touch.

//As I draw outlines of magnificent masterpieces onto his back

My fingers leaving nail marks like brush strokes

He pins me down,

sweet sensations not enough

Growling “Come on, baby…

you know I like it rough.”

//And just like you once filled my bottle with milk,

I shake his bottle up (and down) and pour it into my mouth on my own

Because I took the (by) out of ba(by) when I (be)came a woman

And this is my blossoming, my revolution

My spring awakening

//You used to fall in love with women like me

Students learning the Language of Anatomy

Fumbling with their fingers like an eager child learning the alphabet

He is my professor, teaching me to read with kisses

How to map out directions to treasured pleasure spots

By leaving purple bruises like a trail of fire

With

My

Teeth

//He shows me how to contract promises

Solemnly swearing that I am safe

by pressing his tongue

Against my breasts.

//You can see my rewards

My A+s written all over my neck

The gold stars stuck to my thighs

The swollen lips of victory

////////////…Stud(ying) all night paid off...////////////

//….I don’t expect you to be proud of my good grades

All you have to do

Is accept that I’m graduating from childhood

And I’m top of my class

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers